Round 1: SEWales
|Start Date||Friday 27th April|
|Finish Date||Tuesday 1st May|
|Local Organiser||Greg Emms|
|Meet Director||Martin Colclough|
|Competition HQ||Park Farm Campsite, Llangattock|
- Park Farm, Park Drive, Llangattock, Crickhowell, Powys, NP8 1HT, Tel: 01873 812 183
- Take first left as go into Llangattock and follow onto track
Bed & Breakfast
- Park Place Guesthouse, The Legar, Crickhowell, NP8 1HH Tel: 01873 810 878
- Dragon Inn, 47 High Street, Crickhowell, NP8 1BE Tel: 01873 810 362
- Ty Croesco Boutique B&B, The Dardy, Crickhowell, NP8 1PU Tel: 01873 810 573
Rainy Days & Mondays…
There are plenty of attractions and things to do for those rare days when it is not flyable:
Dragon Adventure Gorge Walks
Rock Climbing, Abseiling, Canoeing, Caving, Raft Building and Canyoning.
All activities can be half or full day. Prices from £35 per person.
Llanthony Priory is a ruined monastery with an hotel built among the ruins which serves drinks and ice cream to its many visitors.
There are a number of waterfall walks in the area such as Clydach Gorge.
Windsurfing, sailing and watersports
Excellent facilities and equipment for hire on a large lake.
Llandegfedd Reservoir,Coed-y-paen, Pontypool, Gwent
The Brecon Beacons offers some stunning scenery to walk across. Why not take a day to climb the highest peak in South Wales, Pen Y Fan.
Ropes and Adventure
LLangorse Rope Centre provides indoor climbing, outdoor rope and gorge adventure and also horse riding. Tel: 033 600 20 20
Big Pit is a real coal mine and one of Britain's leading mining museums. With facilities to educate and entertain all ages, it is an exciting and informative day out. Tel: 029 2057 3650 http://www.museumwales.ac.uk/en/bigpit/visit/