Round 1: SEWales
|Start Date||Friday 27th April|
|Finish Date||Tuesday 1st May|
|Local Organiser||Greg Emms|
|Meet Director||Martin Colclough|
|Competition HQ||Park Farm Campsite, Llangattock|
|Meal Date||Sunday 29th April. Gather at 19:30|
|Meal Venue||Manor Hotel, Crickhowell|
The meal will be held on the Sunday at the same venue as last year, The Manor Hotel, Brecon Road, Crickhowell, NP8 1SE
I need to get the meal choices for you, your retrieve driver, and any other family and friends, to the hotel no less than 1 week before the function, so please get your decision to me in good time! (Greg Emms 07803169006, text or telegram)
- (V) (GF**) Homemade Soup of the Day with Herb Croutons
- (V) (GF) Mango, Passion Fruit & Melon Cocktail with Crème Fraiche & Mint Dressing
- (GF**) Chicken Liver Parfait with Tomato Chutney & Toasted Brioche
- (GF**) Chicken Breast with Mash Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, Tarragon Sauce
- (GF**) Herb Crusted Cod Fillet with New Potatoes, Broccoli, Chive Butter Sauce
- (V) Vegetable Tagine with Cous Cous, Hummus, House Salad
- (V) – Vegetarians, GF – Gluten free, GF** Can be gluten free on request.
For pilots the meal is free, and retrieve drivers the meal is half price £9.50, however everyone else will need to pay £18.95 (I'm finding the cost of a child portion).
Also I will organise a fleet of taxis from the campsite to the venue, and return. Please could you let me know if you're interested.
- Park Farm, Park Drive, Llangattock, Crickhowell, Powys, NP8 1HT, Tel: 01873 812 183
- Take first left as go into Llangattock and follow onto track
Bed & Breakfast
- Park Place Guesthouse, The Legar, Crickhowell, NP8 1HH Tel: 01873 810 878
- Dragon Inn, 47 High Street, Crickhowell, NP8 1BE Tel: 01873 810 362
- Ty Croesco Boutique B&B, The Dardy, Crickhowell, NP8 1PU Tel: 01873 810 573
Rainy Days & Mondays…
There are plenty of attractions and things to do for those rare days when it is not flyable:
Dragon Adventure Gorge Walks
Rock Climbing, Abseiling, Canoeing, Caving, Raft Building and Canyoning.
All activities can be half or full day. Prices from £35 per person.
Llanthony Priory is a ruined monastery with an hotel built among the ruins which serves drinks and ice cream to its many visitors.
There are a number of waterfall walks in the area such as Clydach Gorge.
Windsurfing, sailing and watersports
Excellent facilities and equipment for hire on a large lake.
Llandegfedd Reservoir,Coed-y-paen, Pontypool, Gwent
The Brecon Beacons offers some stunning scenery to walk across. Why not take a day to climb the highest peak in South Wales, Pen Y Fan.
Ropes and Adventure
LLangorse Rope Centre provides indoor climbing, outdoor rope and gorge adventure and also horse riding. Tel: 033 600 20 20
Big Pit is a real coal mine and one of Britain's leading mining museums. With facilities to educate and entertain all ages, it is an exciting and informative day out. Tel: 029 2057 3650 http://www.museumwales.ac.uk/en/bigpit/visit/